With the aim of promoting and boosting the English language training, the university of Miguel Hernández (UMH), through the Language Laboratory, has promoted a blended teaching-learning programme IRIS-UMH.
Its main purpose is that all the students, once they finish their undergraduate studies, can obtain the B2-FIRST by the university of Cambridge, of which the Language Laboratory of the UMH is the official examination centre, or by ACLES. This programme is also aimed at both the Faculty and Research Staff of the university (PDI) and administrative staff and service personnel (PAS) as well as masters and doctorate students, the Alumni UMH community and the personnel of the scientific park companies.
The IRIS programme consists of 5 courses:
- A2 which is equivalent to A2 level. Upon completion, students will have the opportunity to take the A2 official exam through Cambridge.
- B1.1 which is equivalent to the first level of B1.
- B1.2 which is equivalent to the second of B1. Upon completion, the students will have the opportunity to take the official B1 exam by Cambridge University or ACLES at discounted prices.
- B2.1 which is equivalent to the first level of B2.
- B2.2 which is equivalent to the second of B2.Upon completion, the students will have the opportunity to take the official B2 exam by Cambridge University or ACLES at discounted prices.